Are you constantly dizzy or losing your balance?
Vestibular Therapy is a specialized form of physical therapy intended to alleviate problems caused by vestibular (inner ear) disorders such as vertigo, dizziness, gaze instability, and/or imbalance and falls.
- Dizziness can be described as:
- Feeling unsteady
- Feeling of passing out
- Sensation of moving
These feelings can occur when you are standing still, lying down or changing positions. Dizziness is generally not serious, but is often a sign of mechanical problem due to inner ear disorders, a side effect of medications, or a sign or neck dysfunction.
Our Physical Therapists are here to help and have successfully treated a variety of vestibular conditions. We specialize in the comprehensive evaluation and treatment of those diagnosed with:
- Age-related dizziness & imbalance
- Meniere's syndrome
- Labyrinthitis or vestibular neuritis
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
- Neck-related dizziness and migraines
- Vestibular damage due to head injury (such as a concussion)
With a successful completion of vestibular therapy you can expect to:
- Decrease risk of falls
- Decrease dizziness symptoms
- Improve balance
- Improve ability to stabilize vision/gaze
- Increase body strength
- Return to prior level of movement/function
- Increase confidence in your ability to maintain balance
- Improve neck motion